Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bend, OR

Hanging out at Camp
So the s'mores I had last night were really not as good as I remember, and amazingly enough I only had one! That doesn't mean that I didn't eat the marshmallows, grahams, and chocolate separately. I think what would have made them better would have been a better chocolate (I don't even like Hersheys), and a better graham (Trader Joes).

So today Scott and I spent the day in Bend. We got there just in time for breakfast and ate at a local eatery in the downtown district. I had amazing eggs benedict with smoked salmon and Scott had a baja Oregon omelet, both meals were delicious.

Bend, OR Mill District
We walked around town along the river and then did some driving around the area. The more we walked around and drove the more we really liked Bend.

We then decided to head up to the Deschutes National Forest for a little day hike (Sparks Lake Trail). It was a really nice hike in the pines and old lava fields. We thought we would be hiking next to a lake but no such luck.

Spark's Lake, OR
After the hike we then headed over to the lake, it was beautiful and we watched a fly fisherman catch a little lake trout, it was cool.

On our way out of town we ended up passing a farmers market. We bought peaches, cherries, and green beans. The peaches have to be the best I've ever eaten, peach juice was dripping down my hand each time I took at bite!

We then headed back to camp and cooked up the ground elk that Todd and Jennifer gave us into burgers over some hot wood coals. Thank you again Todd and Jennifer, you guys have managed to feed us for four nights now and elk is delicious! While we were in town we also stopped and bought a bottle of wine to have with dinner. It's been a good night.


We really like the new tent that we bought. Definitely better quality than the last one. Neither Scott or I got cold last night and I even think I can remove a layer or two!

Goodnight for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment