Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mount Rainier National Park

Narada Falls, Mt. Rainier NP

We left my cousins this morning after a great breakfast of egg scramble with veggies, potatoes, toast, and fruit.

Mt. Rainier - Beautiful Sunny Day!
We headed up to Seattle today with a stop over in Mount Rainer National Park. The forest was beautiful and the trees were huge compared to what we've been seeing. We drove to the main visitors center and decided to do a little hike. (Combination of trails - Paradise Visitor's Center)It was very cool because some of the trails were still snow covered. I definitely should have worn my hiking shoes today instead of my sandals....oops, I guess I know for next time. We also checked out a couple of waterfalls. We were fortunate today that there were no clouds and it was very sunny because the Narada Falls sprayed a wonderful mist into the air that created a beautiful rainbow.


80's and Snow!


My feet are freezing!


We then headed to Seattle to check into our room. We're staying at another hotel with a heated pool and hot tub, YAY. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Scenery. Would love to take a hike with you. We are all Enjoying your stories!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you guys want to leave Lebanon? The scenery isn't that much different

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, incredible -- both the scenary and the fact that Mandy forgot to where boots and socks - what were you thinking? Make sure you crazy kids carry a good day pack on your hikes in the wild blue yonder (with extra socks).
    Last time I was at the spot on Rainer where you are in these pics, we had just climbed the mountain around this same time of year and I was physically exhausted. There are not too many places more beautiful there where you are.

    Have a great time on the rest of your trip. My vote is for you to settle down about 5 miles from Mt. Rainier -- we promise to visit once every few years.
    Best wishes,

    Rob Kinder

    ReplyDelete