Friday, August 26, 2011

San Francisco/Berkeley, Ca

This morning was another great morning. Scott made the rest of the kibbee and eggs. We packed up the campsite in a foggy dewey mist.

We drove from the campground and got onto Highway 1, we thought it would be fun to drive along the coast. The road to get to the coast from inland was the most twisty, turny road I've ever been on and unfortunately for me I got majorly car sick! This was a first for me. This road went on for what felt like forever. Had I felt better it would have been a really nice drive because it went through more redwood trees. By the time we got to the coast I felt green and fell asleep....by the time I woke up we were headed away from the coast back inland.... I missed the whole coast!

On the way back inland we passed many wineries. We were in rolling hills and mountains and in the distance you could see many many wineries. It was cool. The temperature at this point was in the high 90's, something I wasn't expecting.

The drive from here to Berkeley was uneventful. To the east we followed golden rolling hills. The temperature began to steadily drop down to the mid sixties. From a distance it was cool seeing downtown San Fran and all of the fog that surrounded the city. Berkeley was in the sun.

It was so great getting into town and seeing Molly and the kids, it's been way too long. Before too long Bill got home from work we all did a little catching up before heading out for dinner. When we left for dinner it was nice and sunny and by the time we headed home the fog had come in and it was much cooler. The remainder of the evening was spent catching up and visiting.

So, I have to be honest about this trip so far, two days ago I was ready to call it quits, then yesterday everything was good and now today I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the amount of time we're spending in the truck again. When Scott was planning this trip he tried to work it out that we would only be driving from destination to destination on average of 6 hours a day. Neither one of us thought about the amount of time we would be spending in the vehicle driving through the national parks. I would say we spend an average of 8+ hours in the truck on a daily basis. It may not sound like much, but after about a month of it, the daily truck drive becomes waring! In addition to the drive time we've only been staying one night here and there along the way, so that means we're setting up and tearing down camp both in the same day... I think going forward we are going to have to adjust our trip slightly to stick to the six hour a day time limit and staying each place a minimum of two nights. This should help both Scott and me keep our sanity!





No comments:

Post a Comment